My Little Italian Theatre

My Pictures

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Theatre Walls -a school article


A name here and another scribbled there, a date and then a title, and then a blue hand-print made with paint. Dozens and dozens of people have walked the small cramped backstage of Holland Civic Theatre, their foot steps causing the threadbare brown carpet to curl at the edges despite the duck tape. The sweaty hands of the hurried actors as they hurry off stage and into the dressing room have made the purple curtain hanging on the thin metal pole to fade and tear. Nevertheless I find the worn walls plastered with the names of actors and friends to be the most fascinating to notice. Its the one place that all actors unite to write their names to be remembered. To be seen by those coming and going. It gives our theatre a feeling of intimacy whether or not some like to admit to it and causes all of us to either stop and read or grab a pen and add our own to the pile of graffiti.

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

2 Comments:

Jo Bekah Photography said...

great article! It looks exactly how you've described it!

Jo Bekah Photography said...

and it is so fascinating, you are right. The blue hand print is what I remember most.

Post a Comment

Welcome!!

Welcome to my life as a 17 year old where I jot down the everyday happenings in my house. Some of them are funny and some are interesting, but I hope that through all of them you get a taste of my Little Italian Theatre.
Blogaholic Designs”=
 

My Little Italian Theatre Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha, Free Blogger Templates