My Little Italian Theatre

My Pictures

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Waterford What?!


  The other day while talking to a friend I was informed that the Times Square ball is a geodesic dome built of 2, 468 Waterford crystal triangles that cost several million dollars! And here I thought it was just a ball that dropped. On our most recent trip to NYC we stopped in to see the ball, and we were actually able to touch it and get pictures next to it. They had it sitting in the visitors center surrounded by mirrors and LED screens flashing the history of New York. You literally had to squint around the room and hold on to the red ropes running along the walls just to make sure you didn't run into anyone there. Now that I know how much the ball costs, I can better understand all the security around the area. As my friend pointed out, you wouldn't want it stolen and you wouldn't want a bomb in there. Like that Times Square car bomb that had every body evacuated from the streets and several theatre's. Luckily they were able to stop the bomb before anything happened, but it goes to show that we can never be too careful. 


                                                                       

Vincent and Rachel in front of the Ball

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

1 Comment:

Jo Bekah Photography said...

Ha ha, really cool info! :)

Post a Comment

Welcome!!

Welcome to my life as a 17 year old where I jot down the everyday happenings in my house. Some of them are funny and some are interesting, but I hope that through all of them you get a taste of my Little Italian Theatre.
Blogaholic Designs”=
 

My Little Italian Theatre Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha, Free Blogger Templates