My Little Italian Theatre

My Pictures

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Its A Small World


   Every Friday of the school year I babysit for a lady who teaches science at a school once a week. This has gone on for 3 years, and I've slowly gone through all her kids, each year one of them leaves my babysitting duties to move on to school. Now I 'm on her youngest and enjoying every minute with the cutie. We like to run out side when its warm, read books and play hide and seek. They have a house behind them, their yards divided by a chain link fence, and the neighbors notorious dog that I've been told about that likes to bite strangers when they go over to the fence. His name, I was informed, was Blue. While chatting with my employer, she mentioned that the lady who lived behind her house was named Mrs. X,  and I realized that it was the same Mrs.X that had directed the teen summer musical at the Civic theatre that I had been in. What a small world!! And then every thing started to fall into place, the location of her house, the name of their dog her 8 year old daughter talked nonstop about and the car that was identical to the one I had seen Mrs. X driving. The recognition that came was weirdly overwhelming. For 3 years every week I had been staring at the back of a friends house without even knowing it. I had seen a dog with out knowing it was "the" Blue.

 The next time I saw Mrs. X I told her of the connection, and she was just as surprised as I was. I went over to her daughter and sat down. 
 "Hey, hows your dog doing?" I asked.
 She shrugged,  "Ok I guess."
 I was laughing deep down. She didnt know that I worked right behind her house. " Is Blue a very good dog?"
 Nodding emphatically, she answered yes. I raised an eyebrow, " Are you sure?"
 Her nodding came to a slow stop and her cheeks flushed, "OK, well, I guess he did bite someone...our next door neighbor. But thats all!" she insisted.
 I let out my laugh and told her I knew already. She looked at me quizzically. How did I know? Then I started to describe her back yard, things I could only know if I had seen it. Her eyes grew wide.
 "How did you know that!!?" she demanded.
 Then her mom came and ruined my fun by telling her that I babysat in the house behind them. We all laughed at the coincidence, and they gave me an invitation to give them a holler next time I come around.

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

2 Comments:

Jo Bekah Photography said...

Very well written. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Welcome!!

Welcome to my life as a 17 year old where I jot down the everyday happenings in my house. Some of them are funny and some are interesting, but I hope that through all of them you get a taste of my Little Italian Theatre.
Blogaholic Designs”=
 

My Little Italian Theatre Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha, Free Blogger Templates