My Little Italian Theatre

My Pictures

Monday, February 7, 2011

Look What I Found In the News!


HOLLAND — It sometimes takes some extra work, but the show must go on, said Holland Civic Theatre producer Brian M. Everitt.
A 30-foot awning on the front of the theater at 50 W. Ninth St. collapsed after Wednesday’s blizzard, blocking the stairs and handicapped ramp.
“You have to do what needs to be done to get the show on,” said Everitt, who used sockets and a wench to dismantle the awning just hours before the 7:30 p.m. opening Thursday of the theater group’s new musical “Working.”
A crew lined up to help Everitt and grounds manager William Hoffmann Jr. was unable to make it because of other weather-related issues — like not being able to get out of their driveways.
“It’s just been one thing after another,” Hoffmann said. “At least there’s no snowstorm expected for opening night.”
He and Everitt didn’t get the awning totally removed in time for the show, but it was out of the way of arriving audience members.
The opening night for “Working,” based on the book by Chicago author Studs Terkel, was expected to be near capacity in the 100-seat theater.
Holland Civic Theatre building and grounds manager Bill Hoffmann works to remove the fallen awning before the opening of the show Thursday.
The former Broadway show is about the lives and work of average Americans and runs Thursday through Saturday evenings now through Feb. 19 with a Sunday matinee on Feb. 13.

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

2 Comments:

Jo Bekah Photography said...

I'm glad it's finally getting fixed! :) How are the plays going?

Sara said...

Great! I'm proud of everyone. They are all doing so well.

Post a Comment

Welcome!!

Welcome to my life as a 17 year old where I jot down the everyday happenings in my house. Some of them are funny and some are interesting, but I hope that through all of them you get a taste of my Little Italian Theatre.
Blogaholic Designs”=
 

My Little Italian Theatre Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha, Free Blogger Templates