My Little Italian Theatre

My Pictures

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Arte Bella


Beautiful Art. Im trying to think of a good name for my Magazine. Its going to be about the Preforming Arts. Im really excited about it because I love the theatre. Getting on stage and acting makes me happy and I enjoy it. Though I enjoy the back stage just as much, if not more. I love the chaos that ensues about 3 seconds before an actor is about to go on stage and cant find a prop, and if they dont find it, half the scene goes down the drain as they scramble around trying to patch it up. I love when im on headset and the lighting crew says a very quiet and unemotional, 'Uh oh'.  It makes me almost pass out at the time... but after the show, we always get a good laugh. Also there are the closing night heart attacks . You see, as a stage manager you like to have control of the entire show and actors. But you have to remember that closing night to actors is basically saying to them, " Oh yeah, You guys can do what ever you want... as long as you stay in the script." Big Mistake!!! Sitting in the stage manager station, i have a TV monitor that gives me a pretty clear picture of the stage, and all the actors whether having large or small parts, have their ways of giving me a heart attack. Be it in their all-new-and-improved hair style or costume, or in the major changes in blocking, they skilfully and quite successfully manage to kill me every time. Never the less, I wouldn't trade one of those stress filled nights for anything. So lets put it simply, if seeing these people every day for a whole summer had not made us into one big happy family, we would all be jumping at each others throats... out of love, of course. :)

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!!

Welcome to my life as a 17 year old where I jot down the everyday happenings in my house. Some of them are funny and some are interesting, but I hope that through all of them you get a taste of my Little Italian Theatre.
Blogaholic Designs”=
 

My Little Italian Theatre Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha, Free Blogger Templates